Apply for Financial Aid
To be eligible for financial aid, students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Must be a graduate of a VI high school (HS) or authorized home instruction program.
- Must have a financial need.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 or 2.5 (for certain grants)
- Must be accepted to, or attending an accredited college, university, or trade/vocational school.
- Must be attending school full-time or part-time online (at least 9 credits)
- First time applicants must submit official HS transcript (sent directly from the school to the VIBE), a completed W-9 and an acceptance letter to a college, university, or trade/vocational school
- Continuing and graduate applicants must submit an official transcript (sent directly from the school to the VIBE)
- Must complete an online application by the deadline and submit all required documents
- Letter of recommendation from Agency head for In-Service Training Grant and Morris F. de Castro Fellowship
To apply for financial aid, complete the application form below and submit it to the VI Board of Education. In addition to your personal information and the supporting documents listed above, you must provide the name and contact information of two (2) adult emergency contact persons with Virgin Islands addresses, one of whom must be an immediate family member. Communication regarding an application is primarily done via email to the email address on file. It is the applicant’s responsibility to check the status of his/her application periodically and update his/her contact information.Apply for Financial Aid Available Awards